Going Batty

Look at these little guys and gals! The designer is Julia Brock of the Hedgehog Lacers, Orange County, California. Each bat takes 6 pairs, and I enlarged the original pattern to use threads on hand and at least two strands of thread (e.g. one cotton, one metallic or special effect). The one on the pillow is Pearl Cotton 8 and Mez Reflecta metallic in green/gold. I starched them on the pillow with Moravia starch and while one was drying, I was winding pairs for the next one. We have to keep up the momentum here, these bats are going to a party on Thursday...

4 Comments:
Wow, Bev, next you'll need to make a bat house :) The girls at the party will love them and I will enjoy wearing mine when I'm out tomorrow! Thanks so much!
Beautiful bats, you are so creative!!!
i only just found this blog again!!! i love the bats, just wonderful!!
thanks so much for the nice comments!
Post a Comment
<< Home